Old Brick Private Parties & Events
Reserve Old Brick for your event, conference, or social gathering.
Old Brick is the perfect location to host meetings or celebrations of all shapes and sizes. Whether you are hosting a luncheon or celebrating a graduation, Old Brick's historic venue located in the heart of downtown Iowa City provides a unique experience for your guests.
Old Brick has two spaces available to reserve for your event. The Main Hall is one open ballroom with a capacity of up to 300 guests. The Main Hall rents for a minimum of 4 hours. The Common Room, located on the lower level of Old Brick is the perfect location to host smaller gatherings of up to 60 people. This space is rented on an hourly or full-day basis.
Old Brick also offers special pricing for community and non-profit events. Please contact us for more information.
The Main Hall of Old Brick can hold 300 row seated guests (speaking events/lectures/conferences) or 250 table seated guests (luncheons/dinner parties/social gatherings). The Main Hall includes:
- Over 3,000 Square feet of open space
- 2,000 square foot outdoor patio
- Tables and chairs
- Bar area and coat check space
- Heating and air conditioning
- Sound system that may connect to phone, tablet or laptop
- Complimentary WIFI
- 2 wireless microphones for speaking
- A tuned piano available for use
- A stage area with lighting
- A podium for speaking
- A separate space for dressing, staging or food service
- A commercially licensed kitchen
- 3 restrooms with handicapped/unisex accessibility
- An accessibility lift with a trained attendant for your event
- An off-street parking lot with 23 spaces
- 3 spaces during business hours
- The entire lot Friday 5 pm – Saturday midnight
- 2 Wireless Projectors and screens available at an additional cost
The Common Room of Old Brick is in the lower level – below the Main Hall and can accommodate up to 60 people (small weddings/bridal showers/rehearsal dinners/fraternal organization small functions/meetings). The Common Room includes:
- Tables and chairs for 50
- A kitchenette with a microwave, sink, counter space & refrigerator
- An optional library space which can seat 10 additional guests, house a buffet line or serve as a break away space
- 2 full bathrooms (M/W)
- A private entrance off Clinton Street which also serves as a ground level handicapped accessible entrance
Old Brick's mission is to enrich the community as a historic landmark, to serve the community as a gathering place, and to support the community as a home for Episcopal and benevolent non-profit groups.
Julie Thomas, Executive Director
26 E. Market Street
Iowa City, Iowa 52245